Our Medical Network
With thousands of local doctors in our Medicare Advantage network, you'll be sure to find a doctor who's right for you. Our plan service area includes these Washington state counties.
Whatcom, Skagit, Snohomish, King, Pierce, Thurston, Lewis, Island, San Juan, Kitsap and Cowlitz
Spokane, Stevens and Walla Walla
Your primary care provider (PCP) is the main point of contact for your healthcare needs. Your PCP tracks your overall health, including:
- Coordinating care
- Monitoring your medications
- Referring you to the right specialist
Your PCP must give you approval in advance for: specialists, hospitals, skilled nursing facilities, and home health care agencies. This enables your PCP to coordinate your care and ensure you're getting the right care at the right time.
In some cases, your PCP will also need to request prior authorization (prior approval) for inpatient or outpatient procedures, which is common practice for most carriers. You can find a list of services that require prior authorization in your EOC.
Introducing Kinwell primary care
Kinwell clinics are opening across Washington state and are exclusive to Premera members. The Kinwell experience includes:
- Same- and next-day appointments available virtually or at one of our many clinics across Washington state
- High-quality and patient-centered health care
- Integrated preventive services and behavioral health care
Find out more at kinwellhealth.com. If you’re interested in switching to a Kinwell primary care provider, call customer service at 888-850-8526.
Looking for a Primary Care Provider?
Checkups are important. Getting an annual checkup or going in for a preventive visit is useful for everyone. Routine exams can help spot health issues before they begin. They can also identify problems early, before they become serious and difficult to treat. That's why Premera offers an annual physical exam and annual wellness visit at no cost, as part of your plan benefits.
An annual wellness visit is available at no additional cost and includes:
- Review of your medical history, current medications, and treatment plans
- Discussion of age-related concerns, such as memory loss, balance, and fall protection
- Discussion about vaccinations and boosters
- Lifesaving screenings for high blood pressure, colon cancer, and other cancers
In addition to your annual wellness visit, an annual physical exam is also available at no additional cost and includes a more comprehensive hands-on age and gender-appropriate examination than an annual wellness visit. It may also include lab work as needed (you may pay for part of the cost of some lab tests).
- You pay a $0 copay for each Medicare-covered preventive glaucoma and diabetic retinopathy screening once per year
- Falls risk assessment
- Bone density screening
- Cancer screenings for breast, colon, prostate, and other cancers
- Vaccinations for Hepatitis B, flu, COVID, and pneumonia